This page contains links to articles which have been published in magazines and newspapers, and links to blog posts.
- Ofsted does not have a preferred style of teaching for early years.
- A blog written for the National Association of Headteachers in response to the publication of Ofsted’s “Bold Beginnings” report on EYFS.
- An argument for discovery learning in early years classrooms.
- The first of a series of blogs written with Peter Ford to address some of the myths and misconceptions around high quality EYFS provision.
- On curriculum objects and designing learning experiences for the early years and beyond.
- The second in a series of blogs written with Peter Ford This blog considers the importance of real experience in developing children’s knowledge in the EYFS and Primary classroom.
- 'Too often early years is seen through the prism of older phases'.
- An article I wrote for the TES which highlights the unique nature of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the importance of professional dialogue.
- We must be open to dialogue.
- An article I wrote for EYE magazine calling for a professional dialogue between EYFS professionals and Educators from other sectors.
- Language is not the only issue.
- An article I wrote in response to Damian Hinds’ call for improved teaching of language in EYFS.